White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
At Christmas time I love trying out new cookie recipes and sharing with friends and family. These cookies are the perfect combination of sweet with the white chocolate really complimenting the candy cane crunch. They are soft in the center with a great cookie crunch on the edges. A must try! Ingredients:
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheets with parchment.
In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
Beat butter and sugars until pale and fluffy (approx. 3 mins).
Add egg and mix until fully combined. Add vanilla.
Gradually add in flour mixture. Mix until combined.
Add in crushed candy canes and chocolate chips and mix until just incorporated.
Using a medium cookie scoop (1 1/2 Tbsp), scoop cookies onto baking sheets. With floured hands, roll each one into a ball.
Bake for 10-12 mins (may take longer for larger size) until cookies are golden brown on the edges. Cool completely on baking sheets.