Quick & Easy Fall Apple Recipes!
After our apple picking adventure at Apple Annie’s Orchard, we had quite a few apples to go through. I took this opportunity to look up a few fun apple recipes! Although I love to bake, this week was way too busy to take on anything too time consuming. I came upon these 2 super easy and quick recipes that looked super yummy. After trying these I can tell you they definitely are delicious! Let me know if you give them a try.
The first recipe was found at momlovesbaking.com, Chocolate Turtle Apple Slices. Apple slices covered in chocolate and drizzled in caramel and pecans. Doesn’t that sound amazing?
All you will need for this simple recipe is 2 large apples, 3 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, 1 cup melted caramels and chopped pecans.
First step is to slice apple into 1/2″ pieces. Then microwave chips in a microwave safe bowl for about 2 minutes. Stir in coconut oil and keep stirring until smooth. You will see this makes the chocolate easier to work with and gives a glossy finish. Cut a little slit in the bottom of each piece of apple and insert a wooden popsicle stick (I did not have these on hand so I used cake pop sticks).
Dip apple slices into chocolate and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Then drizzle with melted caramel and sprinkle with pecans. I gently pressed pecans down to make sure they stuck to the apples. Refrigerate for 1 hour and then enjoy!
- 2 very large Fuji apples (I used Granny Smith)
- 3 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips I used Nestle
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup caramels melted (I used Kraft caramels)
- Chopped pecans
- Popsicle sticks
Slice apples into 1/2″ pieces. With a knife make a little slit in the bottom of each apple slice to make it easier to insert a popsicle stick.
Melt chips in the microwave on high for about 2 minutes.* Stir in coconut oil until smooth. Dip apple slices in chocolate and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
Place caramels in microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 45-60 seconds.* Do NOT overheat. Stir until smooth. Drizzle melted caramel over chocolate and sprinkle with nuts.
Refrigerate for about 1 hour. Serve and enjoy immediately. Apples are best the first day. Store in refrigerator.
*For best results, follow the chocolate chip package instructions for melting chocolate and same for caramel. Follow the caramel package instructions for melting caramels.
Note: If you’re concerned about biting into an apple seed, just remove them before dipping the apple slice in chocolate._
The 2nd recipe was found on theblondcook.com, Apple Pie Bites. These are perfect little apple pies that are easily made in less than 30 minutes! I can see these being perfect for holiday parties as well. I definitely see me making these again.
First place Pillsbury crescent rolls triangles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You then spread a mixture of brown sugar and apple pie spice on the crescent rolls. If you don’t have apple pie spice mix equal parts of nutmeg, allspice and cinnamon. Next sprinkle chopped pecans on top of brown sugar mixture. Apple slices (that have been dipped in melted butter) are then placed on the wide end of each crescent roll.
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice, and additional apple pie spice (about 1/4 teaspoon) for sprinkling on top of crescent rolls
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced into 8 (1/2-inch) slices
- 1 (8-ounce) can Pillsbury Original crescent rolls
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and apple pie spice. Set aside.
- Melt butter and toss apple slices in butter, set aside.
- Arrange crescent roll triangles on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Evenly distribute brown sugar mixture onto each triangle.
- Sprinkle each triangle evenly with the chopped pecans.
- Place an apple slice on the wide end of each triangle. Wrap crescent roll dough around each apple.
- Brush each crescent roll with remaining butter. Sprinkle lightly with additional apple pie spice.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.