The Grinch has always been one of my all time favorite Christmas classic movies. We would watch it every year as a family as one of our many traditions, and now as an adult I still do! When I came across these adorable bright green cookies, I just had to try them! They are super simple to make and kids will love them.
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1⅔ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-5 drops bright green food coloring
- 3⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cup red and green M&Ms (pus additional ½ cup for topping cookies, if desired)
- Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl and use an electric mixer to beat until well-combined and light and fluffy (about 1 minute).
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla extract and food coloring, until well-combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Set mixer to low speed and gradually stir dry ingredients into butter mixture. Add ingredients and stir until well-incorporated.
- Fold in M&M candies and cover bowl with plastic wrap. Chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Once dough has finished chilling, preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Drop cookie dough by heaping 1½ Tbsp-sized scoops onto prepared cookie sheets, for perfectly round cookies roll dough in your hands into a smooth ball.
- Bake on 350F for 11-13 minutes. If desired, gently press additional M&Ms into the tops of each cookie for decoration while they are still warm
- Allow cookies to cool completely on cookie sheet before removing.